East African Tourist eTA
The government of Kenya launched the East African eTA, an electronic travel permit for individuals who wish to travel in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. This travel document allows travelers to enter the three countries and all travelers should obtain this before departure.
The best thing about the East African Tourist eTA is that travellers can visit Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda instead of One with one travel permit. All eligible East African Tourist eTA applicants can use this document to see only once. Qualified applicants must apply for a new eTA for every visit to Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. At each entry, the eTA will be valid for 90 days. Applying for this eTA is easy and can be done online like the standard Kenya Tourist eTA.
The following facts will help all travellers plan their trip and apply for the East African Tourist eTA without being rejected.
- Foreign nationals who wish to travel to East African countries like Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda can apply for this eTA. It allows all travellers to enter three countries. The eTA will expire once the traveller leaves all three countries.
- The East African Tourist eTA is a joint ingenuity of the heads of the three states to promote local tourism and culture. It provides opportunities for the locals and the world to explore the diversity of East Africa.
- Applicants who get the East African Tourist eTA must start their travel from the country that issued the eTA.
Any foreign national who wishes to visit the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Uganda, or the Republic of Rwanda is eligible for the East African Tourist eTA. The sole purpose of this eTA is tourism and not for any other objective.
The eTA will be issued to the applicant from any country’s immigration offices or diplomatic representatives. The application can be made online and the eTA will be emailed to the applicant. In some cases, if the applicant does not meet the requirements, they can apply through the diplomatic representative of Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
The application process is easy and can be done within a few minutes. The process is mentioned below.
- The applicant can request the East African Tourist eTA online or manually by submitting the EATV Form 1.
- The traveller must apply for the eTA before travelling for their convenience.
- The tourist application can be made at any diplomatic representation of Kenya, Uganda, or Rwanda. The immigration offices of these countries accept applications for the East African Tourist eTA, which can be issued from any of three. The application can also be online where applicable.
Starting the Trip from Kenya
All travellers who wish to start their trip in Kenya must apply for the East African Tourist eTA from Kenya. All the relevant information about the application process is available on the visa-to-kenya.com website. The applicants must check the eTA section for easy access to information.
Starting the Trip from Rwanda
Individuals who wish to begin their journey from Rwanda can have access to the relevant information on the Rwanda Online eTA Application System. The data is available under types of eTA where the applicants can find the East African Tourist eTA option. The local Rwanda embassy can be contacted for further details.
The East African eTA is an electronic travel permit allowing travellers to visit Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda with a single permit. It's valid for 90 days at each entry.
Any foreign national wishing to visit Kenya, Uganda, or Rwanda for tourism purposes can apply for this eTA.
The eTA allows multiple entries within Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda but expires once the traveller leaves all three countries.
Travellers must start their journey from the country that issued the eTA.
Applications can be made online or manually by submitting the EATV Form 1. It can also be done at any diplomatic representation of Kenya, Uganda, or Rwanda.
The eTA is valid for 90 days at each entry.
There's a standard application fee, with additional debit or credit card transaction charges. PayPal is also accepted.
Yes, all minors require an individual eTA, valid for 90 days, costing USD 30.
Holders of the eTA are not allowed to work or seek employment in the three countries.
No, this eTA is not eligible for an extension.
A passport-size photo, a filled application form, a visa application letter, and proof of hotel bookings are required.
No, nationals can travel freely. However, expatriates and foreign residents need an Inter-State Pass.