Kenya Electronic Travel Authorisation | Apply ETA for Kenya
The Kenyan ETA, or Electronic Travel Authorization, is a system that partly uses automation to decide if visitors can travel to Kenya. Although there's no confirmed launch date yet, the government has revealed what visitors need to do to get the ETA. They'll have to give personal details and answer some questions to prove they're eligible.
Here's an important point: if you're from any of the East African Community countries, you don't need an ETA to visit Kenya.
Fast-Tracked Kenya eTA
Do you want to travel to Kenya shortly and do not have an eTA yet? Submit an Urgent Kenya eTA application right away. Standard applications on average takes 3 working days. Urgent applications for the Kenya electronic travel authorisation are on average granted in less than 3 working days.
Who must obtain the eTA?
The eTA is mandatory for all foreign visitors except for citizens of 8 EAC Member States include: The Republic of Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Federal Republic of Somalia, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the Republic of South Sudan, the Republic of Uganda, and the United Republic of Tanzania. Each eligible traveller is required to apply for an eTA before starting travel.
Do children or infants also require an eTA?
Yes, all foreign visitors must apply for an eTA. For children under the age of 18, the legal guardian, parent or accompanying adult is responsible for filling in the application. We highly recommend that families apply as a group.
Kenya eTA Fee
Yes, Kenya ETA have a Fee, its 35.00 USD + 39 Processing fee
Kenya ETA for Various Purposes of Visit
The Kenya ETA is issued to travellers irrespective of their purpose of visit. However, for different visit purposes to Kenya, the documents required vary slightly. Listed below are the primary purposes of the visit to the African nation along with the documents required for each purpose:
- Friends & family
- Getting Married
- East Africa Tourism
- Crew(planes or ships)
- Seaman(fishing vessel)
- Diplomat on official visit
- Religious visit
Applying for a Kenya eTA is Quick and Simple:
Kenya eTA Application Form
Getting the Kenya eTA online is quite convenient. Anyone can apply at any time of the day, any day. In case of urgent ETA, you have to opt for the premium services offered by us. However it is advised to get the eTA at 4 to 5 days before the day of your flight. The process is simple and can be done in three easy steps. They are:
- Fill out the application form online.
- Upload a passport size photograph, which was taken no more than 6 months before. A scanned copy of the passport and two hotel booking confirmations will also be required. Once you upload these documents, you can submit the application.
- Make the payment using a debit or credit card. You can also use your PayPal account to make the payment. Kenya ETA fee will depend on the country of the applicants.
The system will check for omissions and common mistakes in the application. If there are any errors or missing information, you will be notified via email. Once these errors are corrected, your eTA goes for approval and you get the eTA sent directly to your email address.
Requirements for Eligibility of Kenya ETA
All travellers wishing to travel to Kenya must meet a few requirements to become eligible for the eTA. The following list discusses in detail these requirements and its level of importance.
- All travelers must have their original passports with a validity of six months or more at the time of arrival to Kenya. The passport should also at least one empty page so the immigration officer at the Kenya airport can stamp entry and exit.
- The arrival of tourists and travelers is only allowed at one of the 10 selected airports, 10 selected seaports or the 11 selected borders. These points of entries can be found on Kenya’s eTA requirements page.
- At the time of applying for the Kenya eTA, the date of arrival in the country and the date of departure must be confirmed. Additionally, at least one accommodation should also be booked and confirmed.
- Documents like the travel itinerary including the return ticket and hotel bookings will have to be uploaded at the time of eTA application.
100% Refund Assurance on eTA Declines
At the heart of our service is your trust. We grasp the intricacies of Kenyan eTA processes and assure a full refund if you face a denial. To get your refund::
Connect with our support through email, live chat, or WhatsApp.
Share: Full Name, Application ID, Passport Number, and Documentation of eTA Decline.
Supporting you is our unwavering promise.
Rules for Travelers During Their Stay in Kenya
All travelers without an exception must follow the following rules:
- A soft copy of the eTA along with travel tickets and booking accommodations with the passport. These should be kept together at all times during the stay in Kenya.
- A single entry is allowed for all travelers for the maximum length of 90 days.
- Any travel while visiting Kenya cannot get employment with the locals without additional authorization and documentation.
- All travelers need to follow the rules of the country and cannot pose any threat to other Kenyans. The safety and law enforcement of Kenya should not be threatened in any way.
Why Visit Kenya?
Kenya is best known for its outstanding safaris, offering unforgettable memories. The Masai Mara National Reserve is the hotspot for safari lovers in Kenya.
It is most famous for the Great Migration, where millions of wild herbivores, including giraffes, buffalos, zebra, antelope, wildebeest, and rhinoceros, enter the Serengeti-Mara ecosystem.
Countless herds of wildlife cross the Masai Mara National Park and enter the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania. The entire scene creates the most fulfilling safari experience.
Moreover, Kenya is a paradise for birdwatchers offering heartwarming glimpses of over a thousand rare species. The stunning coastline in Eastern Kenya is one of the best diving locations in the entire African continent.
Points to Remember:
- To apply for a Kenya ETA online, you need to have an onward ticket to your desired destination.
- Business travelers have to obtain an invitation letter from the sponsor company, along with a copy of the company's registration.
- Travelers must attach a clear image of their photograph as well as the passport's bio page.
- The photograph must be taken according to the set guidelines.
- Travellers who are 18 years old or younger need to carry the Kenyan ETA while travelling to the Republic of Kenya. They must also have a valid passport.
- Each traveller must apply for his/her eTA. Children up to 18 years of age must travel with their parents.
Entry Ports for Kenya With the eTA
The eTA is accepted at air, sea and land borders at the following ports of entry:
- Eldoret International Airport
- Garisa Airstrip
- Jomo Kenyatta Airport
- Kisumu Airport
- Lamu Airport
- Lokichogio Airport
- Malindi Airport
- Moi Airport
- Wajir International Airport
- Wilson Airport
Kenyan Land Borders
Kenyan Sea Ports
- Mbita Point
- Muhuru Bay
- Old Port
Reasons to Opt for Our Services:
Efficiency and User-Friendliness
Our application procedure is designed with the traveler in mind, offering an uncomplicated and simpler alternative to interacting with overseas governments.
Your documentation undergoes a meticulous review by our experienced experts, all of whom possess substantial industry knowledge and training.
Security and Confidentiality
We leverage top-notch data centres and advanced security protocols. Rest assured, your credit card details will remain safe and never be disclosed to any other websites.
Superior Customer Assistance
Our dedicated customer service team is on standby round-the-clock to offer assistance. We aim to alleviate the stress of eTA procurement, allowing you to focus solely on enjoying your journey!
The ETA is a mandatory online travel document introduced in January 2024 for all non-Kenyan citizens and East African Community (EAC) nationals planning to visit Kenya. It replaces the previous visa requirement for most nationalities.
An ETA is valid for a single entry and a stay of up to 90 days from the date of arrival in Kenya.
The processing time can vary, but it is generally recommended to apply at least 3 days before travel. Applications can be submitted up to 3 months in advance.
You can apply online through the official eTA website:
[Insert eTA website link here]
You will need:
- A valid passport valid for at least six months after your arrival date in Kenya with at least one blank page
- A recent digital passport-sized photograph
- Proof of travel arrangements (flight bookings)
- Proof of accommodation booking(s)
- Some applicants may also need to provide proof of financial assets and proof of scheduled exit
Yes, you can pay for an ETA with a major credit or debit card.
If your ETA application is denied, you will receive an email notification explaining the reason for the denial. You can then reapply with the necessary documentation or contact the eTA Support Centre for assistance.
No, you do not need to print your ETA. You will receive an electronic confirmation email that you can show on your mobile device at immigration upon arrival in Kenya.
If you lose your ETA confirmation email, you can retrieve it by logging into your eTA account on the official website.